A. Mission and Catholic Identity
- Works with the governing body and leadership team to ensure the school and the employees are guided and driven by a clearly communicated mission statement, Catholic identity rooted in Gospel values, and the sacramental life of the Church and the liturgical seasons, and are committed to faith formation, academic excellence, and service.
- Ensures the school is providing a rigorous academic program for religious studies and catechesis in the Catholic faith, set within a total academic curriculum that integrates faith, culture, and life.
- Ensures faculty who teach religion meet the religious certification requirements of the Archdiocese of Milwaukee
- Ensures the school’s religion classes and religious education curriculum meet the requirements of the Archdiocese of Milwaukee
- Ensures Catholic faith and culture are integrated throughout the school’s curriculum, programming, and environment.
- Ensures the school is providing timely, regular, and age-appropriate opportunities within and outside the classroom for student faith formation, participation in liturgical and communal prayer, and action based on Catholic social teachings.
- Ensures regular opportunities for developing and strengthening collaborations with parishes and other Catholic institutions and organizations.
- Practices his/her own leadership style compatible with the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church.
B. Governance and Leadership
- Works effectively with the governing body, within the context of mutual respect and recognition of legitimate authority, to exercise responsible decision-making for the development and oversight of the school‘s fidelity to mission, academic excellence, and operational vitality. .
- Works with the governing body to implement the school’s mission and vision in dynamic and evolving ways in all aspects of school life.
C. Academic Excellence
- Ensures the school has a clearly articulated, rigorous curriculum aligned with the Archdiocese of Milwaukee standards, 21st century skills, and Gospel values, and implemented by qualified faculty and staff through effective classroom instruction.
- Ensures the school uses school-wide assessment practices to document student learning and program effectiveness, to improve student performance, make, and to inform the continuous review of the curriculum and the improvement of instructional practices.
- Ensures the school provides programs and services aligned with its mission to enrich the academic program and support the development of student and family life.
D. Operational Vitality
- Works with the governing board to develop a feasible three to five year financial plan that includes both current and projected budgets and is the result of a collaborative process that emphasizes faithful stewardship.
- Works with the governing board to ensure the school operates with a healthy staff morale, in accord with a current employee manual and in compliance with Archdiocese of Milwaukee policies.
- Works with appropriate personnel and committees to develop and maintain a budget for facilities, equipment, and a technology plan designed to continuously support the implementation of the educational mission of the school.
- Works with the governing body to develop and enact a comprehensive plan for institutional advancement, based on a compelling mission, through communications, marketing, enrollment management, and development.
E. Other Duties
- Complies with and completes forms/documents required for Federal, State, and the Archdiocese of Milwaukee on a timely basis; e.g., School Choice, Safe Environment, record retention, etc.
- Oversees activities outside of the core school day, as assigned; e.g., busing, before/after school care, sports, etc.
- Maintains accreditation standards in compliance with the accreditation cycle.
- Other duties as assigned.
ADA Physical Requirements:
- The employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk and hear.
- The employee is frequently required to sit for extended periods, use hands, and reach with hands and arms.
- Close vision is required for paperwork and computer.
- Must be able to utilize computer keyboard, monitor, and telephone.
- Must be able to function in an office environment and uses standard office equipment.
- Must have the ability to lift 20 pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.