1. Work with the governing body and leadership team to ensure the school and the employees are guided and driven by a clearly communicated mission statement, Catholic identity rooted in Gospel values, and the sacramental life of the Church and the liturgical seasons, and are committed to faith formation, academic excellence, and service.
2. Ensures the development and implementation of an overall learning environment which promotes Catholic faith formation/education, ethical decision-making, safe environment practices, social justice, and Christian leadership.
3. Establishes and maintains a professional learning community. Recruits, hires, assigns, evaluates, mentors and develops the professional teaching staff and develops an environment of achieving excellence through continual improvement of staff and teaching methods and technology.
4. Ensures curriculum development to meet the needs of every student, working with the faculty to develop a curriculum appropriate to the children’s needs in accordance with Archdiocese, state and parish standards.
5. Ensures strong pupil-parent services, fostering positive, professional relationships between teachers and students, parents and area high schools.
6. Provides budget preparation and fiscal oversight to ensure stewardship and optimization of all resources. Ensures effective business and office management systems are in place to provide the highest degree of efficient processes to parents and students.
7. Establishes and maintains a high level of effective parent and community relations and communications, as well as strong collaboration with school and parish committees.
8. Collaborates with parish committees and leads the continued advancement of Holy Angels School to ensure recruitment of new students and a high level of visibility of the school within the community.
9. Ensures all required records, filings and any Archdiocesan requirements are completed, filed and secured. Ensures the school’s accreditation status.
· Master’s Degree in education administration (or working toward this level of education)
· DPI license required (or applied for)
· Practicing Catholic in good standing with the Catholic Church
· Minimum 3-5 years teaching experience
· Demonstrated leadership skills
· Documented knowledge of professional development for staff
· Successful accomplishment of curriculum development and implementation
· Previous administrative experience preferred