This is an outstanding opportunity for an experienced principal or administrator to help shape the educational experience for students, faculty, staff, and families at a premier Catholic pre-kindergarten through grade eight school in the Archdiocese of Milwaukee.
Achieving academic excellence requires that the St. John Vianney Principal work collaboratively to direct and nurture all members of the school staff and to communicate effectively with parents and students. Inherent in the position are the responsibilities for scheduling, curriculum development, faith formation development, liturgical celebrations for the school, extracurricular activities, personnel management, emergency procedures and facility operations.
The SJV Principal is expected to bring the energy, charisma, vision, and leadership skills necessary for this school community to deliver its respected Catholic educational program successfully. The candidates we seek will have a passion for advancing the mission of Catholic education by delivering excellence throughout SJV’s spiritual, academic, and co-curricular activities. He/she will be comfortable partnering with committed and engaged constituents and stakeholders.
More than a career, it’s a calling.
We believe the heart of the whole Church is the local parish church. We believe that serving in the parish is a calling, not just a career. We believe in creating an environment for motivated men and women to join their talents with a commitment to the greatest work of all: growing disciples of Jesus Christ.
Work hard. Enjoy Results. Have Fun.
We’re looking for team members who are hungry, humble, and smart. Hungry to learn and grow, humble enough to pursue new ideas and fresh approaches, and, well, just plain smart. Our environment is low-key and casual, but we’re after results. Oh, and we have a lot of fun in the process.
Many Gifts. One Spirit.
Our growing staff comes with many different gifts and talents. They have to because there are so many different things to do. School ministry, youth ministry, missions, adult faith formation, finances, administration, technology, communications, and the list goes on. But we work together as a team, focused in our various roles, on our great goals. Working at SJV is an impactful experience where you can make a real difference.
EXPECTED QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
• Advanced degree in educational field with a full understanding of the challenges and opportunities facing Catholic education, plus three or more years of classroom teaching experience required. Prior Principal or Assistant Principal or Administrative experience required.
• Principal experience in a PreK-8 Catholic school environment along with recognized principal license or certificate preferred. Prior classroom teaching experience preferred.
• Practicing Roman Catholic in communion with the Church, possessing proven leadership abilities and genuine interest in and excitement for advancing the mission of Catholic education and making Jesus Christ known and loved.
• Inspirational leader who comprehends the value of this vibrant, Christ centered, Catholic school and parish community imbued by its mission to teach, live, and learn in the light of Jesus Christ.
• Accomplished, passionate, and inclusive leader, with the ability to lead an extensive, innovative, and robust curriculum that ensures success for all students, based on high standards of excellence.
• Exceptional communication skills (written and verbal), interpersonal, and conflict resolution skills that will foster positive team building within the staff, teachers, parents, and/or volunteers. This individual will need to be comfortable working across multiple mediums.
• Strong public speaking skills while serving as the highly visible public face of the school community in building constructive relationships with all stakeholders that inspire crucial support in its marketing, enrollment management, and fundraising initiatives.
• Decisive executive management skills exemplified by a record of making difficult decisions in an environment with competing demands and limited resources.
• Hands-on management experience that demonstrates vision and courage and the ability to communicate and lead effective change.
• Accessible and approachable leadership style with a reputation for being extremely visible and interactive on campus and at school events and relating to the students, parents, faculty, staff, and parishioners with energy, enthusiasm, and warmth.
• Demonstrates an understanding of the conditions for establishing a positive climate and culture for parents and teachers to partner effectively in the enterprise of forming the young people in the school community.
• Proven experience bringing together diverse constituents and stakeholders using collaboration and consensus building skills, as well as a history of working with, faculty, staff, students, alumni, and the parish community.
• Skilled at identifying, attracting, developing, and retaining high-quality mission-driven professionals with a commitment and passion for delivering a transformational Catholic educational experience.
• Balanced approach of inspiration and discipline, vision and practicality, and sense of urgency combined with patience.
• Fair, personable, and compassionate leader who embraces collaboration while leading with enthusiasm and missionary zeal.