1. Respect and encourage the uniqueness and individual differences of each student.
2. Teach Christian values by word and by example. Treat all members of the community with respect and dignity.
3. Implement curriculum as designed for the students of St. Gregory the Great Parish School.
4. Coach teachers with the implementation of The Daily 5 Literacy Format during the scheduled literacy block. Observe classrooms, model strategies, provide resources, and give feedback to teachers in support of Daily 5/Café’ instruction and other literacy instruction methods.
5. Lead Literacy meetings with teachers and One-on-one feedback chats as needed.
6. Provide individual, small group and in-classroom reading intervention as scheduled and approved by the school principal.
7. Administer diagnostic tests as appropriate to determine specific needs of a child.
8. Work with the school principal, teachers and outside agencies as necessary.
9. Prescribe appropriate materials for group and individual instruction.
10. Provide assistance to and/or refer students who have a learning difference.
11. Cooperate in curriculum development to meet the literacy needs of the students.
12. Prepare order for needed materials. Choose materials that will enhance the curriculum and provide appropriate literacy development for students.
13. Teachers must take the on-line course of the DPI Wisconsin Medication Training program. Teachers are required to take the training/verification on health concerns related to the students they instruct.
14. Offer guidance, support, and/or training for teachers in reading instruction methods and strategies.
15. Develop a tracking system for school-wide data analysis
Completion of a state-approved educator preparation program in the licensure area, minimum of a Master's degree, and at least 6 semesters of classroom teaching experience at the elementary/middle school education level. Updated background check required. Completion of Safe Environment Training as required by the Milwaukee Archdiocese.