School Program Coordinator (After-School Activities and Volunteers)
● Manage and work with After Care Instructor every day from 3:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m
● Manage School Clubs (Forensics, Future Cities, Robotics, etc.)
● Point person for coaches, tutors, moderators, school office
● Lead with support from teachers and front office after-school parent and student meetings related to after-school activities.
● Create and manage after school program calendar
● Manage and pick up after-school snacks or supplies.
● Manage all volunteers in the school including study hall/aftercare/after-school activities.
- The School Coordinator will support the Assistant Principal with organizing all school events (parent volunteers).
● Support in training all after school volunteers
● Ensure tutors and volunteers meet all compliance requirements
○ Ensure safeguarding and backgrounds checks
Athletic Coordinator duties will include but are not limited to:
● Attend League Meetings (evenings)
● Manage all coaches and parent volunteer coaches
○ Ensure safeguarding and background checks completed
● Manage sign up, rostering, and scheduling of all teams
● Create and manage an athletic calendar
● Manage the maintenance and purchasing of uniforms.
● Lead with support from assistant principal athletic parent and student meetings.
● Manage communication to families regarding sports in conjunction with the front office
● Work closely with our facilities manager to manage the gym for home basketball games and any other after school activities
● Be present at all NJA sporting events
● Manage Athletic Budget & manage all calendars for sports
● Support other school duties as needed including but limited to lunch, recess, dismissal, etc.
- 18 yrs of age or older.
- HS Diploma or GED, preferred
- At least 1-year experience working with children, preferred.
- Enjoy working with children.
- Required Trainings
- Current CPR/AED certification (ability to successfully complete CPR/AED, new employee only!)
- Safe Environment training (Upon hire)
- § Spanish speaking (preferred)
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities:
· Ability to problem-solve
· Ability and willingness to participate and engage children in all program activities
· Ability to communicate effectively with children (ages 4-14 years old), staff and parents
· Possess quality of patience, flexibility, understanding, acceptance, and care.
· Ability to supervise and manage groups of children following developmentally appropriate practices
· Enjoys working with children