Title: School Receptionist
Status: Full Time, Hourly
Hours: 7:00 a.m.-3:30 p.m.; evenings and weekends as needed
Founded in faith, sponsored by Sisters. St. Joan Antida High School (SJA), sponsored by the Sisters of Charity of St. Joan Antida, was founded in 1954 and acts as a successful springboard for more than 4,000 young women. SJA provides a student-centered, college and career-ready education to young women in grades 9-12. We are a Catholic, values-based organization with an educational model focused on academic quality, personalized attention, and leadership development.
We engage. We embrace. We empower.
Simply, we are driven by a calling to serve young women seeking a spiritually enriching, supportive, and challenging educational experience that helps them find their voice and become leaders. It is our job to make sure that our students are well-prepared for a successful future that strengthens their relationship to their local and global communities. We know these young women can change the world.
This job would be a great fit if:
• You think of your work as a calling and not just a job.
• You hold space in your heart for the mission and values of SJA.
• You are invested in providing growth opportunities for young women.
• You come to work ready to have fun, laugh, and grow with a strong team.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
“First Impression" responsibilities:
Greet, professionally interact, and assist all visitors ensuring they have properly signed into the visitor logs.
Answer incoming calls, route calls, provide information, and take messages.
Ensure the front office and adjacent areas are maintained in an organized, attractive, and clean condition
Administrative responsibilities to support SJA students and families:
- Maintain information regarding student absences, tardiness, and early release according to policy and procedure.
- Assist in the Attendance process:
- Maintain accurate records in PowerSchool
- Process PowerSchool reports for student attendance
- Compile data to send out to faculty/staff daily
- Follow-up as needed with students and families regarding daily attendance
- Follow-up with students and families as needed regarding submission of required forms.
- Maintain up-to-date student information within school database.
- Responsible for maintaining and updating the bell schedule.
- Problem-solve any bus delays/issues with bus company and communicate with families regarding updates.
- Communicate substitute coverage to teachers, as needed.
- Assist with student withdrawal process.
- Process transcript, education verification, and cumulative records requests.
- Facilitate communication among the principal, students, parents, and staff using skills such as record-keeping, filing, note-taking, and word processing.
- Prepare and assist in the distribution of materials needed by students and families such as
- Chromebooks, textbooks, and other classroom supplies.
- Coordinate van usage.
- Assist students in locker assignments.
- Assist students with health room needs.
- Coordinate lost and found items.
Administrative responsibilities to support SJA faculty and staff:
- Receive, sort, prepare, sign for, and distribute all incoming mail and packages.
- Coordinate phone system ordering, changes, announcements, directory assistance, and orientation of new employees.
- Create data files and run reports as needed using various Microsoft Office products,
- Google, PowerSchool, and other software platforms.
- Provide typing, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, and database work.
- Compose standard letters, memoranda, or reports independently or with little instruction in an accurate manner.
- Assist with translation of documents from English into Spanish.
- Maintain records and adhere to confidentiality policies.
- Monitor and keep records for audit purposes.
- Transmit and receive information and documents using a computer, mail, and the facsimile machine.
- Prepare outgoing bulk and individual mailings, as needed (e.g. progress reports, report cards, enrollment mailings)
- Maintain and inventory office supplies for the faculty and administration.
- Perform copying and filing as needed.
- Maintain postage machine.
- Record and account for cash received in front office.
- Monitor school building entrances and security cameras to ensure safety protocols are followed.
- Ensure office equipment is operating effectively (e.g. copiers, telephones, fax machines) and communicate with outside contracted vendors to maintain such equipment.
- Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Perform other duties as needed.