Job Summary: Racine St. Catherine’s is currently seeking a dynamic social studies teacher to teach grades 7-9 from May to early June.
The primary job duties are:
- Inspiring students and promoting mastery in subject area of social studies.
- Helping to develop and implement curriculum that aligned with Wisconsin State Standards and Common Core Standards as they evolve.
- Providing continual assessment of student progress and maintaining records.
- Continually evaluating instructional performance to meet the needs of the students.
- Providing an effective environment that facilitates the school academic program.
- Routinely utilizing instructional technology and optimizing its instructional value.
- Initiating and maintaining open communication with parents and community members.
- Continuing to work on professional growth.
- May include upper level classes.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate subject area.
- State of Wisconsin licensing and certification grades 7-9.
- Knowledge of application of best teaching practices
- Ability to work in a high achieving school in a diverse environment.
- Be able to work in a collaborative team with peers.
- Demonstrate commitment to the principles of Dominican Catholic Faith.
- Have high school and/or middle school teaching experience.
- Have general knowledge of transformative technology instruction.
Working environment is generally a clean academic setting. Standing, bending, walking, walking multiple flights of stairs, lifting, lifting overhead and occasionally lifting objects up to 25 pounds are also necessary.
Siena Catholic Schools of Racine offers a competitive benefit and compensation package.