Holy Apostles Catholic School is seeking part-time Spanish Teacher for the 2019-2020 school year. The qualified candidate will teach 4K – 5K and 3rd – 5th grade Spanish grammar, spelling, pronunciation, vocabulary, and composition; guiding students on conversational Spanish; teaching students about Spanish language, literature, Hispanic culture and history; creating engaging lesson plans; planning classroom activities to motivate students; preparing visual aids, coaching students individually or as a group; communicating with parents and other teachers about a student progress; and other tasks as assigned. The candidate should possess excellent communication skills, exhibit empathy and support for the academic and emotional needs of his or students and foster positive interactions with students and fellow employees. He or she must also fulfill other responsibilities in accordance with Holy Apostles' mission statement.
- Shares with administration and staff a responsibility for excellence in education, curriculum development/improvement, school’s policies and procedures, academic achievement and student well-being.
- Organizes, plans, and prepares assigned classes for optimum educational outcomes by preparing daily lesson plans for subjects taught in alignment with curriculum guidelines established by the State of Wisconsin, Archdiocese of Milwaukee, and Holy Apostles Catholic School.
- Creates a positive learning atmosphere for all students. Including recognizing and providing for individual learning styles.
- Evaluates students’ growth and achievement.
- Experience in Catholic education with the ability to promote the role of faith in education and leadership preferred.
- Participation in other events or activities as designated by the Principal.
This position will be teaching 2 full-school days per week.