The Substitute School Teacher is responsible for the instruction, supervision, and management of PreK-12th grade school students. The Teacher should possess excellent communication skills, exhibit empathy and support for the academic and emotional needs of his or students, and foster positive interactions with students and fellow employees. He or she must also fulfill other responsibilities in accordance with SJCA’s mission statement.
- Implement the absent Classroom Teacher’s lesson plans in a way that complements SJCA’s sequential and standardized curricular goals.
- Supervise student activities within the classroom and other areas as assigned, enforcing SJCA’s high expectations for student behavior at all times.
- Conduct general housekeeping tasks.
- Treat all students with dignity and respect.
- Work with other staff members to form a positive, supportive team atmosphere.
- Maintain a professional attitude and loyalty to the school at all times.
- Perform additional program duties as assigned by the principal
Evidence of Bachelor Degree is required prior to hire.
Completion of Safe Environment class required as well as submission of criminal background check.