The Systems & Network Administrator is responsible for providing technological leadership to the school community in the areas of strategic planning, goal setting, partnership in curricular innovation, and implementation of the technology priorities. The Systems & Network Administrator is responsible for the safety and security of all IT systems, networks and vendor relationships, maintaining all required controls.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Communicate effectively with teachers and staff regarding technology policy, practices and innovations.
- Ability to work with state and federal agencies to provide technology funding and support.
- Structure a network to support the work of those in classrooms and offices.
- Restore and backup systems on a regular basis.
- Install, maintain and troubleshoot all network programs.
- Responsible for all servers on the CMH network.
- Provide basic maintenance of IT security including firewall and AV update management.
- Student Information System Administrator.
- Electronic Door Administrator.
- Act as phone system contact and administrator.
- Establish and maintain the network securing cameras as well as train staff on operation of playback.
- Maintain an inventory of equipment.
- Serve as primary contact with copier/printer supplier and order replacement toner/ink for all copiers/printers in the building.
- Track all required repairs.
- Hire sub-contractors as needed.
- Keep current on new policies, procedures and developments in the area of technology.
- Periodically collaboratively develop a school-wide Technology Plan.
- Participate as staff to the Board of Directors Technology Committee.
- Update and enforce the school’s appropriate use policy regarding technology.
- Provide training as needed to faculty and staff.
- Ensure appropriate back up systems and protocols for all IT systems.
- Serve as Administrator for key IT systems. Under the direction of the Chief Financial Officer, identify and authorize Administrators as appropriate for functional programs as deemed necessary.
- Set up computers/sounds systems/lighting as needed for special events such as the auction, golf outing, etc.
- Serve as the school’s emergency contact for Technology related occurrences.
- Available to work nights and weekends as needed.
- A bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related experience.
- Ability to work collaboratively with students, parents, and staff.
- Passion for technology and a continual education in the area of technology.
- Availability to support the school Technology needs at nights or on weekends as needed.
- Ability to troubleshoot technological problems and develop appropriate solutions.
- Supportive of the school’s mission as a Catholic High School.
- Ability to organize, plan and implement technological innovations.
- Bilingual abilities are a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. and kneel or stand for extended periods of time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.