1. Promotes and models a commitment to our Catholic and Salvatorian mission by actively encouraging spiritual growth in DSHA students and staff by sharing, supporting and integrating the Catholic faith in all activities.
2. As a member of the Fine Arts teaching faculty, teaches between two and four classes each semester; creates the syllabi, course requirements and class objectives.
1. Directs and coordinates all aspects of each school-year production. Establishes a schedule for auditions, rehearsals and tech weekends and communicates with all constituents.
2. Collaborates with professional and DSHA student designers on all aspects of design, technical instruction and application of concepts.
3. Secures contracted services for the production team for each of the three school year productions.
4. Assists the Producing Director- Theatre Department with set-up and construction of all sets and other technical aspects including Quad needs for each production.
5. Collaborates with the musical directors and choreographer to create successful productions.
6. Ensures recruitment is maintained and open to all students.
7. Develops a marketing and advertising plan for all three school-year shows in conjunction with the VP for Marketing.
8. Coordinates the playbill for each school-year show in conjunction with the Director of Graphic Design and Marketing Projects and the playbill vendor.
Collaboration with Producing Director- Theatre Department
1. In collaboration with the Producing Director- Theatre Department, secures contracted services for the production team including the summer Community Theatre Works.
2. Jointly develops a budget for each show with the Producing Director- Theatre Department. The requirement is that the season breaks even.
3. Selects four major productions annually that are educational and effective for our mission. Shows are chosen by completing the prescribed rubric and submitted jointly with the Producing Director- Theatre Department, and requiring approval by the President, Principal, Dean of Student Affairs and VP for Marketing.
4. Provides foundational support for the summer Community Theatre Works musical including show selection, budget, staffing, hiring of creative director, audition schedule, and marketing plan.
1. Organizes and maintains all the theatre storage areas to ensure materials can be readily located and are properly stored.
2. Serves as the Fine Arts Liaison to the Parent’s Fine Arts Association.
3. Serves as the drama club moderator.
4. Completes other duties as assigned.
With the Producing Director - Theatre Department co-supervises seasonal and show specific staff.