Manage Three Church Databases Totaling 900 Families
- Updating existing families including new members, addresses, contact information and sacraments.
- Input of new parishioners.
- Input of weekly contributions including online giving program. Running reports to capture online giving data.
- Create and mail yearly contribution tax statements.
- Update church database to current year.
- Run needed reports for staff, trustees and mailings.
- Order office supplies, letterhead, postage, hosts, vigil candles, wine, etc.
- Maintain the tri-parish online calendar for scheduling baptisms, funerals, weddings, events and meetings.
- Maintain online phone system of voicemails and invoicing.
Reporting to the Archdiocese
- Create and submit yearly Status Animarum.
- Coordinate and submit monthly Mass counts.
- Submit church parishioner update record including address changes, deaths, marriages or new parishioners.
- Create and submit yearly data to the Official Catholic Directory.
- Point person for all incoming phone calls, email and visits.
- In working with the Pastor and staff, scheduling of baptisms, marriages, funerals, church events, meeting rooms and hall requests.
- Schedule and create documentation to pay “help out priests”.
- Maintain church registers including baptism, death, 1st communion, confirmation and marriage.
- Maintain Mass intention schedule.
- Create weekly announcements for the tri-parish bulletin. Includes Mass intentions, events, weekly contribution totals and weekly events.
- Create and send sponsor, donor and tax letters for festivals.
- Create and send special donation tax letters.
- In working with the Facilities director, invoicing of Downtown Montessori Academy for shared expenses and labor costs.
- Work with count teams for weekly deposits.
- Other duties as assigned by the Pastor.
- Must demonstrate above average communication skills.
- Must work collaboratively and cooperatively with staff, volunteers and committees.
- Ability to apply common sense when carrying out instructions furnished in written or oral form.
- Ability to change priorities in a positive and efficient manner, as needed, and complete tasks within reasonable timeframes.
- Ability to multi-task a must.
- Must complete the Archdiocese “Safeguarding All God’s Family” program prior to employment including a background check.
- Supply references upon request.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Experience in office management or equivalent.
Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and Publisher.
Experience using Parish Data Systems a plus.
ADA Physical Requirements:
The employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, climb stairs, speak clearly and hear.
The employee is frequently required to sit for extended periods; use hands; reach with hands and arms.
Close vision is required for paperwork and computer.
Able to utilize computer keyboard, monitor and telephone.
This role functions in an office environment and uses standard office equipment.
Ability to lift up to 20 pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.