The Vice President of Advancement reports to President and collaborates with the entire leadership team including the Vice President of Administration, Chief Financial Officer and school principals. This position supervises Advancement staff responsible for functions as noted above.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a:
- core belief in the power of Catholic education to impact young learners in their eternal relationship to God, their moral development, and their commitment to serve others
- commitment to collaborate with our leadership team, our Board of Directors and Board committee members, and to support and implement our Strategic plan
- proven track record in effective fundraising with fidelity to long time benefactors, cultivation and personal solicitation of expanded sources of support, and procurement of major gifts
- desire to engage with educators in our schools to advance the story of our vital work for Milwaukee’s deserving young learners
- capacity to lead our Advancement Department with a clear vision and effective management skills.
- Identifies, cultivates, communicates with, and solicits major gifts prospects
- Oversees capital campaigns consistent with strategic plans, working closely with
consultants and capital campaign chairs
- Develops, implements, and manages planned giving program providing mechanisms for
bequests, charitable trusts, and endowments
- Sets advancement goals and objectives that are clear and measurable.
- Presents to the President, and Advancement Committee of the Board, an annual development plan for achieving specific goals
- Works with the President and Board to reach fundraising goals, to engage the Board in fundraising activities, and to identify new individual and corporate funding prospects.
- Identifies and researches prospective donors, including individuals, corporations, foundations, organizations
- Develops and maintains relationships with major donors, foundations, alumni and corporate funders
- Develops and implements fundraising policies and procedures, and ensures timely and accurate responses to donor concerns, requests, and gifts
- Develops the annual operating budget of the Advancement Office
- Produces fundraising reports regarding gifts, grants, and pledges in close collaboration with the Finance Office and CFO
- Sets the annual calendar for all fundraising events
- Ensures comprehensive, accurate constituent, donor and prospective donor records
- Oversees the overall coordination of all volunteers associated with the advancement
- Acts as primary Advancement Office liaison to the Board of Directors and Board committees
- Oversees materials, media, and messaging for use by the Admissions Department and Vice President of Administration.