Archdiocesan Service Week, September 22-29, 2019
As we celebrate our 175th Anniversary, Parishes, Multi-Parishes, and Deaneries are invited to participate in service opportunities as an archdiocesan effort of reaching out to others and highlighting the Catholic Church’s presence in our communities.
Saturday, September 21 and Sunday, September 22
During all Sunday Masses, those that will be participating in any of the 7 Days of Service opportunities will be invited to receive a special blessing as they embark on their service work.
Monday, September 23 through Saturday, September 28
7 Days of Service Opportunities happen throughout the Archdiocese
Saturday, September 28 and Sunday, September 29
Parishes will recieve a bulletin announcement recognizing the service that has taken place throughout the archdiocese and thanking those from the parish who took part in the 7 Days of Service
- Parishes and Multi-Parishes are invited to develop service opportunities for their parishioners that will take place during September 23 to 28. These opportunities might be new service to a parish/multi-parish community or might be opportunities that the parish/multi-parish has been dedicated to for years.
- Care Bundle Packages - Collaborative event with Archdiocese of Milwaukee, Local Host Parishes and Catholic Charities
- 20 parishes will be host sites (2 per Deanery)
- Registered Volunteers bring donations to the work site and will then use those donations to create the bags.
- For those that are not able to attend, instructions can be given on how to create the care bundle packages at home and where to drop off the completed bags
- Completed Care Bundle Packages will be given to Social Agencies in that local Deanery
- Habitat for Humanity’s ”Rock the Block” in the Amani Neighborhood-Saturday, September 28, 2019
- Join the Archdiocesan sponsored Rock the Block in the Amani Neighborhood of Milwaukee which is in one of the most economically challenged zip codes in the country. We will be blessed to work alongside the residents of one block for a day of home improvements. Volunteers will be doing minor exterior repairs, painting and landscaping.
- Collaboration Events with St. Vincent DePaul Councils
- Participate in one of the many St. Vincent DePaul Society Friends of the Poor® Walks
- Volunteer at a St. Vincent DePaul Store or Food Pantry