Child Abuse or Neglect
If you or someone you know is being abused or you suspect abuse is occurring, contact your local law enforcement department immediately. Any instance of abuse involving a person currently under 18 years of age (minor) should immediately be reported to the civil authorities by calling 911.
Visit the Clergy Abuse Response page for more details on reporting abuse.
Sexual Misconduct or Interference by a Bishop
If you have reason to believe that a bishop has engaged in sexual misconduct* or has interfered with an investigation into sexual misconduct, please visit the Catholic Bishop Abuse Reporting service.
In an effort to achieve our goals of transparency and accountability, the Archdiocese of Milwaukee has partnered with EthicsPoint, a third-party company, to administer an online service to report financial misconduct. Parishioners, employees, volunteers, vendors and other individuals can confidentially report concerns about possible financial misconduct.
Visit the EthicsPoint site to file a report.
* Under Pope Francis’s Vos estis lux mundi and the Directives of the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops, the following forms of misconduct by bishops should be reported using this dedicated reporting system:
- Forcing someone, by violence or threat or through abuse of authority, to perform or submit to sexual acts.
- Performing sexual acts with a minor or a vulnerable person.
- The production, exhibition, possession or distribution, including by electronic means, of child pornography, as well as by the recruitment of or inducement of a minor or a vulnerable person to participate in pornographic exhibitions.
- Actions or omissions intended to interfere with or avoid civil investigations or canonical investigations, whether administrative or penal, against a cleric or a religious regarding the misconduct referred to in 1-3 above.