Though there are many pregnancy resource centers in the greater Milwaukee area, they do not all support the Catholic Church’s total vision of the dignity of the human person. Many encourage practices that are not faithful to Church teaching, such as abortion and artificial contraception, which run counter to the full dignity of the woman seeking assistance. State assistance given to pregnant women in need is often impersonal and not targeted towards their individual needs.
A pregnant woman, facing difficulties, is best served by committed individuals who will embrace her as part of a wider loving community, and this is what makes Parish ministry so effective and beautiful. Below you will find information on organizations in the Archdiocese of Milwaukee ready to help those in need.
Pro Life Wisconsin
Milwaukee Care Net
Wisconsin Right to Life
Women's Care Center
Womens Support Center
Appropriate and effective programs of support for new life must be implemented, with special closeness to mothers who, even without the help of the father, are not afraid to bring their child into the world and to raise it.
John Paul II, Evangelium Vitae, no. 87
At Catholic Charities, we’ve been helping to create Forever Families since 1920. Our adoption staff serves the ten counties of the Milwaukee Archdiocese (and eleven counties of the Diocese of Madison, on a case-by-case basis). As you move through the adoption process, consider an agency that can help you navigate the challenging, and at times complicated, process of adoption. We understand the uncertainty, anxiety, and excitement that you may be feeling as you seek to open your heart and your home to a child.
Please visit the Catholic Charities website for more information on adoption.
Life's Connection offers support for women who have suffered the loss of a child through a miscarriage.
How can Life’s Connection help?
- Provides a safe place that you can share your loss.
- Caring mentors walk the journey of loss with you and can assist with doctor’s visits, hospital visits, funeral planning, pastoral care, memorial services, bereavement, and remembrance of your child.
- Offering miscarriage delivery aids for those families who know that they will lose their child at home or have a planned D&C during a miscarriage. A burial vessel then provides a place for your child's precious remains for later burial.
- Life’s Connection has been vested by the Archdiocese of Milwaukee, a sacred holding site for the remains of miscarried babies until the time of burial.
- Memorial and Committal Service assistance
- Miscarriage, Stillbirth and Infant Loss Keepsakes and Mementos
- Certificate of Remembrance
- Post Miscarriage support
If you lost a child years ago to miscarriage, stillbirth, abortion or infant loss please call Life’s Connection to have a special brick placed at the Memorial Site for the Unborn located at St. Peter’s Cemetery in East Troy.
Please call Life’s Connection at 262-290-5433 for immediate help.