The Office for the Dignity of the Human Person hosted two series (three sessions each) of virtual trainings on volunteer coordination and management featuring Jessica Brandt, Volunteer Coordinator for Catholic Charities. Jessica also serves as the Vice President and Programming Chair of the Association of Volunteer Manager chapter in the Milwaukee metro area.
These virtual trainings were recorded and are available on-demand below.
Successful Volunteer Engagement | Notes
Successful Volunteer Engagement | Session 1 (recorded Oct. 13, 2021)
- What is volunteer coordination?
- Common struggles
- How to keep your volunteers organized
- Recruiting, including:
- Position descriptions
- Who is your ideal volunteer?
- Ways to communicate
- Sharing your opportunity
Successful Volunteer Engagement | Session 2 (recorded Oct. 27, 2021)
- What is the Volunteer journey?
- Learn helpful hints for a successful first day and beyond
- How to create effective training
NOTE: From 30:37 to 38:55, participants were in breakout rooms. Feel free to skip this timeframe.
Successful Volunteer Engagement | Session 3 (recorded Nov. 10, 2021)
- How to think about what motivates your volunteers
- Successful retention techniques
- Successful recognition techniques
- How to track success and let your community know
Successful Volunteer Engagement | Series 2 | Session 1 (recorded March 30, 2022)
- Understand what Compassion Fatigue and Burnout are
- Identify the signs and symptoms
- Have actionable items to prevent it
Successful Volunteer Engagement | Series 2 | Session 3 (recorded April 27, 2022)
- Step 1: Understand your volunteers and goals
- Step 2: Walking through the Volunteer Lifecycle
- Step 3: Measuring Success
- Coaching and providing feedback