How do you get the most value from your nest egg, protect your heirs from unecessary taxes and make a significant impact on the Catholic Church? You may wish to consider leaving a portion of your retirement plan assets to the Archdiocese of Milwaukee, OR your Parish OR Parish School.
Did you know that money saved in an employee retirement plan, IRA or tax-sheltered annuity contains income that has yet to be taxed?
Your heirs will owe income tax upon receiving distributions from these assets after your death. With this in mind, you may want to leave your loved ones assets that are income tax free and give your retirement plan assets to the Church, which is a tax-exempt charity. Leaving retirement plan assets to charity is a very tax-efficient way to leave a gift.
Consider these gift options
Using beneficiary designation form provided by your plan administrator
- Designate the Archdiocese of Milwaukee, OR your Parish OR Parish School as the primary beneficiary for a fixed percentage (1 to 100 percent) of your retirement plan assets.
- Designate a specific dollar amount to be paid to the Church before the remainder is divided among family beneficiaries.
- Make the Church the contingent beneficiary to receive the balance of your retirement asset if your primary beneficiary doesn't survive you.
How to Make a Gift
- Contact your retirement plan administrator for a change of beneficiary form.
- Decide what percentage or dollar amount you would like the Church to receive, and include the legal name of the Archdiocese of Milwaukee, OR your Parish OR Parish School as your beneficiary on the beneficiary form.
- Return the form to your plan administrator and keep a copy
We invite you to contact us for more information.