The Multi-Parish Ministry Institute is designed for parishes looking for ways to work more closely together.
2017 Institute - Closed
March 14, April 18 and June 6, 2017
2017-2018 Institute - Closed
September, 12, 2017; November 28, 2017; and January 16, 2018
2019 Institute - Day
February 12, March 26 and May 14, 2019 - 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m., including lunch
2919 Institute - Evening
February 7, March 28 and May 16, 2019 - 4:00 - 8:30 p.m., including supper
Each session is held at the Cousins Center.
The description below highlights how the Institute is organized and structured. Read the overview for more information.
- Each multi-parish community selects 12 representatives, two in each area: leadership & organization (usually pastors), evangelization & faith formation, worship, human concerns, stewardship, and finances & facilities.
- Representatives will participate in all three sessions.
- Between sessions, representatives will have a follow up activity at the parishes with reporting at the next session.
- Facilitators from already successful multi-parishes will present at the Institute. Other keynote presenters may also address the representatives.
- In addition to a large-group format, there will be mission-specific sessions for the various areas of mission so that representatives can meet with those from their respective areas of mission and ministry.
- Parishes will use their Preliminary Cluster Plan as a starting point and watch it develop with the input of experts and a helpful network of parish practitioners.
- There is a $250 fee for the team of 12 which will help defray the cost of lunch. Lunch time will be working time in the mission groups.
- Parishes will complete the Institute with a vision of how to minister together and how to facilitate innovation and change.
The cost is $250 per parish team of 12. This covers all three sessions.
There is a limit to the number of parishes per Institute. Only one registration is needed for the multi-parish team - Names of the team members will be requested closer to the start date.