The Archdiocesan Planning Commission is currently involved with the implementation of the 2009 plan, Vision 21st Century. The plan involves cluster configurations for the Archdiocese and the development of vision and ministry plans for each parish or cluster of parishes. The Commission reports to the Archbishop.
The Commission serves as an advisory body to the Archbishop of Milwaukee in five ways:
- Advises the Archbishop on strategic planning matters affecting parishes and conducts and drafts planning documents as well as conducts consultation processes at his request.
- Assists the Director for Planning with the implementation of Archdiocesan plans.
- Recommends approval of cluster configurations.
- Approves vision and ministry plans submitted by parishes/clusters and monitors their implementation.
- Submits an annual report to the Archbishop on planning efforts over the previous year.
The Planning Commission, whose members are appointed by the Archbishop for three year terms, is comprised of:
Five ex-officio members:
- an Episcopal delegate
- the Director for Planning and Councils
- a member of the Priest Placement Board
- a representative from the Office for Intercultural Ministry
- a representative for Catholic schools
Four ministerial representatives:
- permanent deacons
- professed religious
- lay ecclesial ministers
Five representatives from each of the regions which comprise the Archdiocese:
- Region I (Eastern Racine and Kenosha Counties)
- Region II (Western Racine and Kenosha plus Walworth and Waukesha Counties)
- Region III (Washington, Sheboygan and Ozaukee Counties)
- Region IV (Dodge and Fond du Lac Counties)
- Regions V & VI (Milwaukee and Waukesha Counties)
The Archdiocesan Planning Commission meets four times each year, during the months of March, June, September, and December, always on a Thursday evening.
Archdiocesan Planning Commission
Ex Officio Members
Office for Planning and Councils,
Priest Placement Board Representative, Rev. Timothy Kitzke
Intercultural Office Representative, Gabriela Bustos
Catholic Schools Representative, Bruce Varick
Episcopal Representative, Bishop Jeffrey Haines
Priests, Rev. Phillip Bogacki
Permanent Deacons, Dcn. Rich Gulig
Professed Religious, Sr. Nelda Hernandez, SDS
Lay Ecclesial Ministry, Bridget Klawitter
Vicariate I, Anthony Montemurro, St. Mary-Kenosha
Vicariate II, John Ellgas, St. Paul the Apostle-Racine
Vicariate III, Robert Lynch, St. John Paul II, Milwaukee
Vicariate IV, Paul Zarling, St. Luke-Brookfield
Vicariate V, Vacant position