Catholic Charities' mission "to provide service to those in need, to advocate for justice and to call upon others to do the same" has been the core of their work since 1920. Building upon this mission, they measurably improve the lives of those they serve and empower individuals to reach their full potential. When this is accomplished, lives are transformed and the benefits to the community can be exponential starting by improving the quality of life one person at a time.
Services provided include:
- Adoption: Catholic Charities is licensed by the State of Wisconsin as a Child Placing Agency. Our process includes: orientation, home study, portfolio preparation, matching, and placement. Fees vary based on services completed for each situation.
- Adult Day Services: Adult Day Service participants benefit from professional care, socialization and physical activities. Participant medical conditions may include: stroke, arthritis, Parkinson's disease, Alzheimer's disease or other forms of dementia, as well as developmental disabilities.
- Behavioral Health/Counseling: Behavioral Health Counseling helps people understand their personal needs, focus on the cause of their problems and determine ways to resolve or cope with those problems.
- In-Home Support: Catholic Charities provides In-Home Support Services in Milwaukee and Waukesha Counties to frail older adults and adults with disabilities. Trained, professional staff provide light housekeeping, laundry assistance, companionship, meal preparation, grocery shopping and errands. New Initiative: Hoarding Intervention & Treatment Program.
- Legal Services for Immigrants: Catholic Charities' Legal Services for Immigrants typically works with newcomers to our country who are seeking citizenship or reunification with family members living in the United States. Our services also assist individuals who are seeking asylum or temporary protection in the U.S.
- Outreach & Case Management: Catholic Charities' Outreach staff are true advocates for clients, linking them in times of crisis to both agency programs and available community services to help address their needs. Bilingual therapists are available through all of our sites.
- Pregnancy Support & Birth Parent Counseling: Pregnancy Support staff provide education on pregnancy, childbirth, parenting, prenatal care coordination, community resources, and emotional support to every client family. There is no charge for this program.
- Refugee Resettlement Services: Since 1976, Catholic Charities' Refugee Resettlement program has helped hundreds of refugees settle into our local communities and assimilate as they adjust to the cultural challenges of a new homeland.
- Supported Parenting: Supported Parenting aids parents with intellectual and other developmental disabilities in providing a safe, loving environment for their children to grow and thrive. Because of Catholic Charities, these children are able to remain with their parents and avoid out of home placement.
Visit Catholic Charities Website