Liturgical and Music Ministry:
- Responsible for planning and executing 1-2 weekend Masses (5:00p.m. on the even Saturday and 10:00a.m. on Sunday)
- Collaborates with the Pastor for music choices for the liturgies, liturgical season, and sacramental celebrations.
- Coordinates the liturgical spirit of the parish and fosters hospitality and harmony.
- Fosters parishioner participation in the Mass.
- Follow liturgical norms for Mass with attention to needed materials/supplies, e.g. bread, wine, sacred vessels, etc.
- Participates in the Cluster Liturgy Commitee.
- Plan and coordinate practices/rehearsals.
- Coordinates music with a liturgical planner.
- Participates fully in the liturgy.
- Prepares the orders of worship, readings, songs, petitions, etc. for each Mass and service.
- Keeps track and reports song usage for license.
- Monitors and orders materials needed for liturgies.
- Plans music for all liturgies including weekend and weekday services.
- Fosters unity among all musicians to create a spirit of harmony with presiders and other liturgical ministers.
- Directs and accompanies choirs.
- Coordinates music e.g. instrumentalist, cantors, choirs(Adult, Youth, Bell), etc. with liturgical plan.
- Ensures organ, piano, and other instruments are maintained, repaired, and tuned, as needed.
- Endures copyright and licensing requirement permissions for music.
- Oversees the livestreaming for the parish and prepares the online order of worship.
- Coordinates and provides initial and ongoing formation of ministries in the area of liturgy: music, instrumentals, ushers/greeters, sacristans, church environment, linens, readers, Eucharistic ministers, servers, gift bearers, sound and light.
- Recruit, screen, train, enrich and recognize ministers.
- Coordinates and prepares liturgies and other worship experiences colaborately with the pastor and cluster parish in accordance with invitations and directives from the Archdiocese as appropriate.
- Prepares and monitors expenses and revenues in regards to the budget for the liturgy and music area.
- Effectively communicates and collaborates with the pastor, parish staff, parishioners, and cluster parish staff.
- Ensures qualified substitutes are enlisted when absent, Mass/service, funerals, weddings, etc.
- Attends respective Archdiocesan and Deanery workshops/programs as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
1. Professional working attitude and collaborative approach to ministry.
2. Strong yet respectful verbal and written communication skills.
3. Strong organizational skills.
4. Performance skills for keyboard and/or other musical instruments and voice.
1. Ability to multitask and prioritze.
2. Ability to make decisions, attentive to details, and troubleshoot.
3. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
1. The employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk and hear.
2. The employee is frequently required to sit for extended periods; use hands; reach with hands and arms.
3. Close vision required for paperwork and computer.
4. Able to utilize a computer keyboard, monitor, and telephone.
5. This role functions in an office environment and uses standard office equipment.
6. Ability to lift 20 pounds.
1. Bachelor's degree or equivalent required.
2. Accomplished organ, piano and vocal performance.
3. Has experience leading Catholic liturgy, including awareness of important liturgical documents that inform its proper exercise and implementation.
4. Knowledge of the Roman Missal, lectionary, liturgical year, liturgical norms and regulations, and liturgical tradition and pratice.
5. Working knowledge in MS Office products.
7. Must have a valid driver's license for the State of Wisconsin.
8. Being a practicing Catholic is preferred. (e.g. including a State Background Check, Certified in Safeguarding All God's Children; and, agreeing to the latest Archdiocesan Code of Ethical Standards.)