A Papal Blessing is hand-printed with calligraphy on parchment. These blessings are often used as a wedding or anniversary gift.
Download the Request For a Papal Blessing
The Vatican has recently changed its requirements for the issuance of Papal Blessings.
The following updated information is provided for your convenience:
- For Baptisms, First Communions and Confirmations, the full name of the recipient, the name of the church, city and state, and the date of the reception of the sacrament must be provided.
- For Weddings, the maiden name of the bride, and the full name of the groom, along with the name of the Catholic Church, city and state, where the ceremony will take place and the date of wedding must be provided. (Both parties must be Catholic.)
- For Wedding Anniversaries (10th, 25th, 50th and 60th only), the couple’s first names must be provided; a blessing will not be issued in the name of “Mr. and Mrs.” Please include the maiden name of the bride and the name of the Catholic church, city and state where the ceremony took place. (It is sufficient that one of the members be Catholic.)
- For Anniversaries (10th, 25th, 50th and 60th only) of Priestly Ordination and Religious Profession.
- For Birthdays (18th ,70th, 80th, 90th, 100th)
Only Catholics may receive a Papal Blessing.
We may only order a Papal Blessing for Catholics within the Archdiocese of Milwaukee.
Papal Blessings are not made available for professional occasions, retirements, etc. “Requested by” may not appear on the scroll.